Currency change problem on Paypal Credit direct debit

kingmob13
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I hope someone can help me here. I am trying to increase the amount I pay monthly on my Paypal Credit direct debit. Every time I change the amount, it changes from uk pound sterling to us dollar. Any ideas please?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Rich

Hi kingmob13,

Thanks for reaching out to the PayPal Community for assistance with this issue. It is strange that your currency type changes when trying to increase the amount of your scheduled payment.

May I ask you what country your PayPal account is registered to? Do you have a UK bank or a US bank linked to your account? 

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

kingmob13
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, thanks for replying. It's a UK bank account.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @kingmob13,

Thanks for reaching back out and confirming you have a UK bank account on file. I would be willing to bet the issue is with what primary currency you have set. Can you check to make sure it's set as GBP and not USD? Here's how to select a currency for your primary balance:

1. Click Wallet near the top of the page.
  2. If you only hold one currency, you must first click Add a currency to add the currency you wish to convert to.
  3. Click the three dots next to the currency you want to make primary and select Make primary.
  4. Click Set as Primary.

I hope that helps!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

kingmob13
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Jon, that was indeed the problem! Just fixed it. Many, many thanks for the help. Very much appreciated!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Cristina

Hi @kingmob13,

I am glad to hear that! 

Cristina

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.