Credit limit has been decreased without informing me

Ashbratt91
Contributor
Contributor
Has anyone else had their Credit Limit decreased without notice?
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Jennykins63
Contributor
Contributor
I have been trying unsuccessful so far to get this issue resolved the customer service advisors do not have a clue, but i have run my credit account within the rules & t&cs payments up to date & made on time , got told it was a system error and was being escalated to a higher team but been over a week and still not reason or resolution , i understand corona virus will slow things down but not this much
Login to Me Too

Ashbratt91
Contributor
Contributor
Maybe they are worried due to Covid-19 and have removed everyones credit limit. I am awaiting a response too
Login to Me Too

amyp11
Contributor
Contributor

Mine was randomly lowered too. I was notified about the reduction over a week after it had taken effect. I've never missed a payment. I asked them via the 'message' function and received a blase 'oh sorry about that' response, no explanation provided...
It is frustrating to see the CEO's coronavirus message "we're supporting you" when in reality they are doing the opposite! 😞

Login to Me Too

Trina911
Contributor
Contributor
I was told three times that mine had been lowered in error and would be reinstated, then received an email saying it would be permanent and was done in line with their terms and conditions. It looks like they have done this to thousands of people - they only increased my limit in Feb!
Login to Me Too

Jennykins63
Contributor
Contributor
This is the reply i got , a joke !!! Mr Mason, let me begin by saying we can certainly understand your concerns with this credit limit decrease, and the clarity on the reason behind this decrease. While we appreciate you may disagree with this decision, regrettably, we are unable to reinstate your old credit limit as it has been decreased correctly in line with your credit agreement. With regard to the incorrect information you have received, please be assured that your feedback has been forwarded internally through the appropriate channels, to ensure the information provided by our agents is of the highest standard. Mr Mason, although we are unable to reinstate your old limit, I realise that this situation may have caused you some frustration. As such, I would like to offer you a £30.00 GBP PayPal voucher for the inconvenience caused. This voucher can be used towards purchases made through your PayPal account. If you wish to accept this credit in full and final settlement of your complaint, please respond to this email directly confirming your acceptance. In the meantime, if you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us Yours sincerely, Darren Hogan Executive Escalations
Login to Me Too

RedHot27
New Community Member

I am in the same boat as all of the others here. No missed payments, never exceed the promotional purchase dates so I don't have any interest charges etc. All fo the sudden my credit line decreased by 600.00. I know it sounds strange but I am glad I am not the only one, not that I wish anyone any ill will. I thought I did something wrong apparently it is on PayPal's side. I have only been using PP for about 3 years, I never trusted it but I have really enjoyed the way business has been conducted. This is the first questionable situation I have encountered, hopefully this is not the new norm.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.