Correctly setting up automatic payments for 0% Easy Pay promo

Nikto
Contributor
Contributor

I recently (5/9) made several purchases using a recent 24-month 0% Easy Pay promotion with Paypal Credit on Ebay.  It was my first time using my Paypal Credit line.  I want to set up automatic payments from my linked bank account correctly to make the Easy Pay payments.  When I tried to set up automatic payments, I was given the option of minimum payment due ($0) and last statement balance ($0).  I selected the minimum payment due option ($0).  Was this correct?  It says the payments will be made on the 26th of each month.  It says the next scheduled payment is May 26 for $0.

Is this correct?  Did I set up the automatic payments correctly?  When will my first Easy Pay payment be due?  Will the "minimum amount" automatically cover the required easy pay payment?

Thanks.  I just want to make sure it's done correctly so I don't get stuck with interest due to a mistake.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nikto 

Huh? Why it is $0? Did you forget to type in an amount or it didn't let you type in an amount and have a preset amount?

You can read how to set up automatic payments and cancel or edit them via the links below:

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/can-i-make-automatic-payments-with-paypal-credit-faq2924

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-cancel-or-change-my-automatic-paypal-credit-pay...

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Nikto
Contributor
Contributor
For automatic payments, it doesn't let me enter an amount. I have two options - minimum monthly ($0) - and last statement balance ($0). The transactions are on my activity list and they contain the words "Easy Pay" in the descriptions but I can't find any mention of how much the Easy Pay payment will be. My next scheduled automatic payment is for $0 on May 26. I'm guessing this means my first Easy Payment isn't due until June, unless I'm expected to manually figure out the exact monthly amount and manually make the payment every month.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Jae

Hi @Nikto

It sounds like you did it correctly! The reason it may be showing $0.00 right now is because your first statement hasn't been generated yet. Once your 1st billing cycle ends, it will update to the proper amount. 

Jae

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.