Charged more than was quoted?! Paypal Credit

littleoleliz
New Community Member

I paid for a TV from Richer Sounds and used Paypal credit. When completing in Paypaal it said £199. When I receive my confirmation from Richer Sounds and from Paypal it says £299. I haven't authorised a payment of £299. Only £199.

Please advise

Many thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@littleoleliz 

Contact the merchant and ask what the extra £100 is for. Most retailers who have PayPal checkout integration will use Authorization to Capture (A2C) method to process payments. Authorization basically gives the merchant authorization to charge your payment method and you agree to pay and the final amount may be different due to taxes, shipping, etc that is later added. Look at your PayPal receipt for the purchase, it should say this about final amount. The merchant can capture less than or the full original authorized amount or capture up to an additional 115% of or $75 USD (this amount may vary depending on currency) more than the original authorized amount, whichever is less. 

Once transaction is marked complete in your account activity, you may dispute it via PayPal if you and the merchant disagree on final amount.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.