Can I purchase an Amazon Gift Card using Paypal Credit?

Imagumby
New Community Member

I recently tried to purchase an amazon gift card, through several different means using my paypal credit as the payment source. It seems that every time, it was somehow declined but paypal when purchasing through the paypal site or even the merchant (gyft). They never give and actual reason other than declined for security reasons. All my info is correct and my balance is adequate. Is there some sort of policy that prevents this type of purchase?

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

JGR1
Contributor
Contributor

@Chris1970 wrote:
What you have to do is your PayPal credit and buy a Gyft card For the amount that you desire then turn around and do use that card to purchase an Amazon card otherwise it will be declined but no information

I just got through trying this and the transaction was canceled. First I tried buying the Amazon card and received the following email.

To provide our users with the highest level of service, we've developed security measures to ensure your gift card order is safely processed.

For security reasons, we have declined your order of $200 Amazon.com gift card paid for with PayPal (Order #########).

You will not be charged for this purchase.

The purchase amount has been reversed and the refund should appear on your account within 7 business days.

If you have questions about your refund or gift card order, please contact our Support Team at ########################

Thank you for using Gyft.

Regards,
The Gyft Team

Then I tried buying the Gyft card to buy the Amazon card and got this email.

To provide our users with the highest level of service, we've developed security measures to ensure your gift card order is safely processed.

For security reasons, we have declined your order of $200 Gyft Card gift card paid for with PayPal (Order ########).

You will not be charged for this purchase.

The purchase amount has been reversed and the refund should appear on your account within 7 business days.

If you have questions about your refund or gift card order, please contact our Support Team at ###################

Thank you for using Gyft.

Regards,
The Gyft Team

Login to Me Too

Moniker
Contributor
Contributor

I can't even buy an Amazon gift card using PayPal AT ALL, no matter how big my balance is. I'm not even trying to use my PayPal credit! Does Amazon have some kind of problem with Amazon? It's a shame, because I prefer to buy on Amazon and I prefer to use PayPal. I use a Kindle, which means I can only get my digital books from Amazon, which is so frustrating when I want to use PayPal, rather than a credit card. Really, this has to change. Nothing I do is satisfactory. Amazon insists on linking the debit card from one bank to the account in another bank because the bank I want to use doesn't have a debit card for purchasing, just an ATM card. I can't get Amazon to let me cancel the debit card from the other bank! So it bypasses my PayPal bank account that I have set up as my preferred payment, and goes straight to trying to use this bogus, outdated card from another bank, and it ignores what PayPal says is my preferred method of payment, which is directly from my bank! It can't get any safer than directly from my bank, digitally! It's almost like cash in hand. I'm so frustrated. Can PayPal work with Amazon and make the two largest online purchasing services compatible? It's ridiculous!

Login to Me Too

msdestero
New Community Member

try https://www.egifter.com worked for me. takes 24 hours tops to prossess but its useually quicker

Login to Me Too

rolteje
New Community Member

Even as of today March 11, 2018, there is a struggle for purchasing Electronic Gift Cards of any kind. Called Paypal Support various times and their conclusion is to change internet browser or give it 24 hours and try again. I've tried verifying that it's me no one else doing these transactions and to remove the security measure. I mean if I do get fraud activity I will report it right away! I signed up for a Credit Line to use my money to pay it off + interest if any applicable yet I'm unable to use it when needed the most. It's ridiculous and they still announce you can use it anywhere Paypal is accepted online but truthfully they just flag your account when trying to use it. Even answering 1 to their automated text when it asks if It's me who attempted the purchase to press 1 and retry doesn't work at all. Paypal is so frustrating once I pay it off I'm cancelling the Credit Line it's just not worth calling every time I want to purchase something! I've tried paypal-gifts which is paypals official website for gift cards and that's not available. Paypal support gave me more sites to try instead and now those arent working due to security issues so everything involving paypal is a bust!

Login to Me Too

CLAUDEGROCE
Contributor
Contributor

I am using sellmegiftcard.com for almost two months  , they won't sell you an amazon gift card , instead they will place the order on their amazon account and you get 10% - 15% discount .  they accept paypal , and you get free two day shipping . they use prime account ! I save a ton of money !

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.