Can I Buy Coins and or Silver using my pay pal credit?

wubbles
Contributor
Contributor

I am new to pay pal credit as I just was approved today. This morning I tried to make a small purchase which was U.S.Mint Proof Sets and after the seller

accepted my offer I went to check out but was surprised to see that the transaction was not approved by pay pal credit. It first said the seller may not take pay pal credit as a form of payment,  the second reason was something about currency? I tried buying a winter coat later on from a seller who took PPC and that was also declined and for the same 2 reasons I mentioned above. Am I only allowed to purchase certain items like Fingerhut makes you do?

I sell coins on e-bay which is why I am asking. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please forgive my spelling.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@wubbles 

If you were just approved, then you may have to make some successfully completed transactions (no disputes) to build up a little history on your account after approval so the PayPal checkout system will have something to go on when deciding whether to offer PayPal Checkout to you as funding source or not.

It's a security/risk management thing.

PayPal reserves the right to restrict use of the credit line depending on the circumstance of your transaction. It is recommend that you use a linked payment method if PayPal Credit is not offered or declined at checkout.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@wubbles 

If you were just approved, then you may have to make some successfully completed transactions (no disputes) to build up a little history on your account after approval so the PayPal checkout system will have something to go on when deciding whether to offer PayPal Checkout to you as funding source or not.

It's a security/risk management thing.

PayPal reserves the right to restrict use of the credit line depending on the circumstance of your transaction. It is recommend that you use a linked payment method if PayPal Credit is not offered or declined at checkout.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

julsqns71
New Community Member

How can I use the credit if I used it at 3-4 different retailers and none accepted i? Not even Google. Where am I suppose to make these purchases to be verified?  This straight non-sense.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.