Bank charged instead of PayPal Credit

Dolador1337
New Community Member

Hi.

Last November I started up a layaway plan and used PayPal credit for the initial purchase. Today was the 2nd payment, and it went through on my bank account instead of PayPal credit. I made sure to have enough funds in my PayPal credit by paying with my bank account first to bring my balance down on my PayPal credit, and now I am being charged to my bank when my original method of payment for this was PayPal credit. I don't have enough money in my checking account, and I am sure I am going to get an overdraft fee because of this.

Please help, I am in desperate need to have this resolved before the start of the next business day.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

mholloway0320
New Community Member

I made a purchase on September 16, 2019 using the online PayPal app and selected PayPal Credit to make the purchase.  I successfully completed the purchase using PayPal Credit and received a confirmation email and confirmation text. The following day my bank notified me that the purchase was debited from my bank account.  PayPal Credit did NOT notify me of any issue with the purchase or that the purchase amount would be deducted from my PayPal Cash (Bank) account.  I've attempted filing a billing claim in the Resolution Center but the claim was almost immediately denied as it didn't qualify as a billing dispute with the seller.  I've reviewed the PayPal Credit Terms and Conditions and nowhere does it link or allow PayPal Credit purchases to be deducted from my PayPal Cash account.  The main reason for using PayPal credit is for convenience or because the cash is not available at the time of purchase.  I intend to contact PayPal directly by phone tomorrow (Sep 18th) to attempt to find a resolution to this matter.   If anyone has encountered this problem and successfully had it resolved, I would sincerely appreciate some direction with this problem.  Thanks!

Login to Me Too

SA49
New Community Member
I am having the exact same problem. Please let me know if your issue is resolved and how.
Login to Me Too

sahilla
New Community Member
Did you ever resolve this?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.