Apple online store & Paypal Credit

jeremy20021
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

I ordered on Apple's online store an iPad and checked out with Paypal credit and just recently got an email from Apple saying 

"Action required: We have encountered an authorisation issue. Please check your PayPal account. We will continue to seek authorisation."

So I went to the Paypal website and checked for any open cases, but nothing.

What's the issue? Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks in advance

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jeremy20021 wrote:

Hi there,

I ordered on Apple's online store an iPad and checked out with Paypal credit and just recently got an email from Apple saying 

"Action required: We have encountered an authorisation issue. Please check your PayPal account. We will continue to seek authorisation."

So I went to the Paypal website and checked for any open cases, but nothing.

What's the issue? Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks in advance

Sounds to me, PayPal/Paypal Credit could be declining the charge. There is nothing in the recent activity section? Not all charges will go through and Paypal Credit may restrict the use depending on the circumstances of each purchase and/or other factors. You may have to use another way to pay or PayPal may use another payment method linked to your account instead if the purchase goes through so make sure you have enough funds in your other payment methods.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

jeremy20021
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for your help. I’ll try to get some clarification tomorrow. Lets see what they say. Thanks again
Login to Me Too

Sb171
New Community Member
Did this ever get resolved? Same thing has happened to me earlier? - is it worth me cancelling and trying again? What happened with yours in the end?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.