Apple Store & PayPal Credit Limits

Stairhopper
Contributor
Contributor

When purchasing an item from the Apple Store using PayPal Credit, what happens if the item amount exceeds your current credit limit?

I purchased an item and was planning to clear a chunk and then pay the rest off within 24 months. At first I thought I was agreeing to a separate credit agreement, chose 24 months and the transaction went smoothly and I assumed that I had been approved. However, after checking my PayPal account I noticed that it came off my usual PayPal credit account and realised I didn't have enough credit to complete the transaction, though my account is clear. The transaction was 'Pending' with Apple showing the order as 'Processing'. I took this to mean the transaction had just gone through since I just have PayPal credit available, rather than approving me for a new limit/credit agreement. I would've expected to at least see an increased credit limit had I been approved for the purchase.

I have cancelled the order since as I wasn't sure what would happen, so I would like to ask what the outcome might've been if I'd have left it alone. I just didn't want to end up with a headache of having the remaining balance taken from my bank automatically.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Witjoe
New Community Member
Hi, I also have the same issue after purchasing something around £500 over my original credit limit. I was planning to pay off my credit then get the additional £100 over my limit on top but have the same outcome as you. It's pending on Paypal and processing on Apple store. As the purchase did my automatically cancel does this mean I was approved for the additional credit automatically? If anyone can advise that would be helpful as this is a present.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.