Anyway to transfer PayPal Credit from one account to another?

GtaStar230
New Community Member
Hi everyone, I recently came across a issue and needed to know if this was possible or not. So, My son got a PayPal account (The one I’m currently using, hes 17) so he could get a gaming desktop, I bought it for him with my PayPal Credit on this account however since he is a minor and the account is in his name I can’t verify identity. I was wondering if there is any way too remove the PayPal Credit from his account and put it on my own account (Yes, Payments are still being made for this desktop)
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Rich

Hello @GtaStar230,

Thanks for reaching out to the PayPal Community for assistance. I'm sorry to hear that this issue has been made complicated by the mismatch information.

From what you stated, you created an account for your son but have a PayPal Credit account opened with his information? I'm not sure how a PayPal Credit account could be opened with his information if he is a minor or how you could open an account with your information if there is a mismatch.

I would recommend closing your son's PayPal account because PayPal will permanently limit them until they can prove they are the age of the majority. You can contact PayPal Credit directly for assistance adding the credit line to your PayPal account when you have the chance. Here is a link to their FAQ page and their contact information near the bottom: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/paypal-credit/faq

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.