An order i purchased using PayPal credit got canceled but i'm still charged the interest.

Chillymatt4
New Community Member

Hi, I purchased a camera on eBay the other day for £429.99, I used PayPal credit for this transaction agreeing to 12.9% APR over 24 months. The seller decided to cancel the order so the £429.99 got refunded back into the PayPal credit account however the interest wasn't removed from my account. I am left with a credit amount of £69.17 with nothing to show for. I had the loan for approximately 10 minutes so the APR amount should be calculated to pence. To me, this is stealing charging me interest for something that was cancelled. 

I've been on the line with the message center to no success with some quotes below:

ME: "So im getting done over by both paypal and ebay? Issuing me two years APRcredit £70 for nothing... which is essentially stealing..."

Mark form Message Center: "Yes if their are additional funds left over it will be allocated the same way."

Then mark realised what he put and decided to say "Sorry disregard that last message."

To me, this is stealing and the APR amount should be adjusted to the time I had the credit instead of the full term amount which was not carried out. and wasn't in my control as the seller decided to cancel the order.

I've used PayPal for years for its reputation of being safe to sellers and buyers but this is stealing from a customer. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.