Account Payments: Pay Pal Credit, Easy Payments and Deferred Interest Promotions

slossar1004
New Community Member

Heads up to anyone who uses Pay Pal Credit, including Easy Payments or deferred interest purchases.  Pay attention to how your payments are applied to your account.

I have a promotional balance that expires in August 2019 and an "Easy Payment" (24 equal payments, no interest) that expires in February 2021.  I sent in a payment in the exact amount of the total promotional balance that expires in August 2019 and they applied the payment to the balance of the promotional balance that expires in two years.  

Hopefully a mistake on PP part, or maybe a shady way to collect interest on deferred interest purchases.  It is eerily similar to the way that 5/3 bank was rearranging processed checks and debit card purchases in customer checking accounts.  5/3 got sued and had to pay people for overdraft charges.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

klcardella
New Community Member

This was not a mistake.  It has happened to me for the last two payments.  I called and had them reallocate from the 24 easy pay balance to balances due in two months.  The rep assured me it would not happen again.  Well, it happened again, and I had to call and reallocate. THEN, the rep told me I would have to call EVERY month for the next 22 months to tell them NOT to allocate my payment to the 24 easy pay balance first that is not due until June 2021.  What sense does that make?  What is the point of having 24 easy payments if they don't break it up into 24 payments?  Very frustrating, and they said the system automatically does this.  I have used the 24 easy payment option one other time, and never had this problem.  Will be leaving Paypal ASAP

Login to Me Too

ihatethierrules
Contributor
Contributor

I found out some years ago, if you wait for Paypal credit to receive you payment (which is over your min payment due) you can call and ask that the balance be put towards your promotional purchases. I've done it myself. 

Now, the only difference now is, that you may have a harder time calling Paypal credit because of the Virus. Therefore you have to resort to messages that can take along time to get back to you. If they do at all. . I'm going to be trying this next month to start getting those promotional charges down faster. Hope this helps

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.