Account Number??

MichelleW1
New Community Member

This should be easy but for some reason it's not- where can I find my account number? I want to pay my balance via check and it says to write my "account number" on the check- but I can't find this anywhere. I haven't had my first statement yet either so it's not on there. 

Login to Me Too
31 REPLIES 31

Elyss
Contributor
Contributor

I did read the thread. How arrogant to assume I didn't. Your 'advice' was posted in May '18. I checked my statements back to Nov '17 and there is no full account number shown, only the last four digits.

Login to Me Too

Joki81
Contributor
Contributor
Did anyone ever get a solution to the 2019 question.
Login to Me Too

JustDan92
New Community Member

Yeah I have just spoken to them, apparently, they can give it to you but you are not allowed to do a balance transfer 

Login to Me Too

MO55
Contributor
Contributor

Did they give you a reason? or do they just make it up as they go along? 

Login to Me Too

IkeEisenhauer
Contributor
Contributor

How they supposed to stop you? All the CC company does is send them a check...if they don't take it then they are going to have hell to pay.

Login to Me Too

IkeEisenhauer
Contributor
Contributor

Not true. Just did one yesterday. Easy Peasey.

Login to Me Too

Jameswatford38
Contributor
Contributor
Yooo how did you do it? Did you call ask for account number then transferred as usual?
Login to Me Too

IkeEisenhauer
Contributor
Contributor

Yep, called them to get the full account number, then had the credit card company mail them a check to the payment address with the full account number.. Whamo all done. 0% for 18 months!

Login to Me Too

Mg888
New Community Member
The fact they are making you call to get the account number is ridiculous. I’m not even trying to balance transfer. They just up and switched my account number without telling me and then sent me a message like “hey your sending your payments to the wrong place” — Well who’s fault is that? The bank who bought these debts obviously doesn’t understand that making things difficult isn’t going to stop people from running away from the interest. So I have no way to update my bill pay payee... They only have customer service support Monday - Friday... sure I’ll waste a lunch on hold to get something I should have access to at anytime. Round of applause for the new bank in charge 🙂 SYNCHRONY BANK / PayPal Credit PO BOX 960006 ORLANDO, FL 32896-0006
Login to Me Too

IkeEisenhauer
Contributor
Contributor

I entirely agree. The only reason I had to balance transfer is I work for a direct competitor of Synchrony so I was required to move it. It was a lot harder than it should have been, in terms of not notifying anyone when it changed.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.