A hold on my paypal credit account

lusterav
Contributor
Contributor

Hope someone knows how this will work. I ordered a computer on 8-22-19 through paypal credit. The amount is on "pending" until Dell ships the computer. However, Dell has a backlog and I was notified it probably won't ship until the beginning of October. I was under the impression that after 30 days the hold in paypal credit will drop off if the merchant doesn't charge the account. So when Dell does charge the account in October, will the charge go through with no hold present? (Note: I have sufficient available credit to cover the amount.)

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_DavidR

The transaction will be cancelled after 30 days if not processed by them and the funds will return to your funding source. I imagine that such a big company that they are aware of the 30 day processing time for orders. You should really be speaking to Dell about this.

-David R

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_DavidR

Hi there,

Welcome tot he PayPal Community. 

Any orders not processed within 30 days means the order will automatically cancel. If they accept the order within 30 days the order will change to Complete on your PayPal account.

-David R

Login to Me Too

lusterav
Contributor
Contributor
The order will not complete in 30 days because they are backlogged. So when they go to ship it to me and submit for payment from paypal what will happen without the hold there?
Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_DavidR

The transaction will be cancelled after 30 days if not processed by them and the funds will return to your funding source. I imagine that such a big company that they are aware of the 30 day processing time for orders. You should really be speaking to Dell about this.

-David R

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.