4 months interest free not working on ebay

Samrw
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Whenever I select paypal credit as the payment method on ebay it offers me the choice of paying so much over monthly instalments and doesn’t give me a choice of 4 months interest free. My order is over £99 so I’m not sure what the issue is? Anyone else has this problem? Thanks
Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

Twotanks
Contributor
Contributor

Did you get this sorted out? I phoned Paypal but they weren't able to help - seemed unaware of the problem.

Login to Me Too

Samrw
Contributor
Contributor
Nope I phoned paypal and they told me it was an ebay issue as it’s up to them what payments to offer at the checkout Rung ebay and they said it’s a paypal issue and nothing to do with them so i gave up in the end I’ve just checked again now though and it still doesn’t work
Login to Me Too

Twotanks
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes it seems there's a glitch that neither Paypal or ebay are interested in.

Login to Me Too

Dave_
Contributor
Contributor

Just happened to me this evening, I wanted the 4 month 0% option but the PayPal website (eBay payment pushed me to login at PayPal) would only offer 6 monthly or 12 monthly instalments with interest added.

Ill be contacting PayPal in the morning.

Login to Me Too

asdasdsafs
Contributor
Contributor

Me too!  

Spoke to PayPal Credit and their eBay support department and was informed regardless of which APR enabled option you choose if you settle the full amount within 4 months you will not be charged the interest.  Not very clear on the PayPal popout purchase page - I swear you used to get a radio button that was solely for the 4 month offer.

Login to Me Too

Mark4562
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone tried this yet?
Paypal told me it was a seller issue (despite it happening with multiple order attempts), and seller says it is a PayPal issue.

Login to Me Too

Brightside83
Contributor
Contributor

That's interesting, as PayPal said i would be charged the interest each month, regardless of when it is paid off as this is what i will be signing up for with eBay

Login to Me Too

yemna
Contributor
Contributor

you just select the 12 months with interest option and then it gives you 3 different options after that one being 4 months free as long as your item is over £99 youre good to go!

Login to Me Too

Taz900
New Community Member

I have the same issue, tired it with 2 different sellers asi thought it might the seller.

I have just stop using the credit side and just paying via card
Wonder if this is an issue and ebay and paypal have split and ebay want move away from paypal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.