2 Paypal Credit accounts linked to one Paypal account

samiam6
Contributor
Contributor

Synchrony back (paypal credit) kept on telling me that I have an outstanding balance but when I logged onto PayPal credit I saw that I have zero outstanding balance.

I finally started to investigate and it turns out I have two paypal credit accounts, I can only access one of them via paypal and the purchases happened thru the other one that I cannot see.

I found this out while I was on the phone with Synchrony bank I was sent to manager the manager sent me to PayPal account security got to a manager there and they said I will just need to delete one.

I paid the balance over the phone because I couldn't see the balance on the website.

Has anyone had this before? I do not recall signing up for 2 accounts is that even possible?

I would've loved to merge the accounts so that I don't loose my records on one of them but they couldn't do that.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@samiam6 

That can happen when sometimes PayPal create a second account for a customer when a purchase is made using information that differs from what is currently in the customer’s account profile.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

samiam6
Contributor
Contributor

All the reps I spoke to sounded stumped, so it didn't sound like a common occurrence that they have experience with.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.