12, 18, 24, 36 month payments at 0% interest

karrbarr
New Community Member

I am trying to purchase a laptop and the website offers paypal credit financing. On the main page under "Easy Payments" it lists:

- 12 months, $300 minimum, 0.00% interest
- 18 months, $450 minimum, 0.00% interest

- 24 months, $600 minimum, 0.00% interest

- 36 months, $900 minimum, 0.00% interest

This has me believing that if I want to spread my payments out over 2 years, I won't pay any interest as long as I pay it off by then and my original purchase is over $600.

And when I go in to "apply for credit" it breaks it down further into these options:

- $126.75/mo. for 12 months, 0% APR
- $84.50/mo. for 18 months, 0% APR
- $63.37/mo. for 24 months, 0% APR

- $42.25/mo. for 36 months, 0% APR
- No Interest if paid in full in 6 months
with minimum monthly payments

But when I continue further with my application I read "Purchases of $99+: No Interest if paid in full in 6 months on purchases of $99 or more" with "Variable Purchase APR is 25.49%". That's really high. 

I'm also confused about what I'm signing up for. Am I just being duped into what I think is interest free for 2 years only to be charged with full interest after 6 months? Or is that referring to their general lending policy and I'm fine? The way it's laid out and set up is a bit confusing. Anyone else running into this issue?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Peggypicohen
New Community Member

I cannot find any information or explanation on internet but here is the thing if PAY PAL put there without any explanation 36 months no interest , they must then provide all customers what it says. This is really confusing . In the mean time, their FQA part is not enough to find clear information, they must pay attention and fix it.

Login to Me Too

Lparker9
I have been wondering the same thing Have you been able to find out if the payments are 0% for the amount of months or if you will be charged interest on it after 6 months ?
Login to Me Too

gustavus
Contributor
Contributor
It’s actually the vendor or seller that determines if they are participating in the PayPal 0% interest program. Their checkout system will provide the options available to you.
Login to Me Too

VFanRJ
Contributor
Contributor

Except that the terms page seems to be from Paypal.

Login to Me Too

Temp20230314ad
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, but it is the vendor that determines what "special financing" deals it will participate in. 

Login to Me Too

Melopassion
Contributor
Contributor
I'm not sure, but I know if you do the 0% interest, you dont pay interest up to the month you choose but if you dont pay it off by then, the interest will be retroactive up to that APR amount, will compound.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.