Why is it so difficult?

MadMonkJim
Contributor
Contributor

Why is it so difficult to contact PayPal customer service? Why is it so difficult to send them a bloody email? I DON'T want to call and spend endless time on the phone with them. Why do they make it so painfully difficult?

All I want to know is why, if i have a positive credit balance available, is payment denied? Thats all.

Anyone know?

Thanks for your attention.

Its so much more than I receive from PayPal.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MadMonkJim

If you have funds in your paypal account balance then normally you can use it to pay for items for a while but at some time Paypal security will kick in and tell you to add a credit card to act as a back up funding source and to verify that paypal account.

Ways to contact customer services........

1. You can click on help / contact and use the message centre option in the blue band at the top of the page (or the very bottom of the page dependent on country).
2. You can click on help / contact and use the phone option in the blue band top of the page (or the very bottom of the page dependent on country).
3. You can send them a personal message via their Facebook page @ www.facebook.com/PayPal
4. You can send them a personal message via their Twitter page @ AskPayPal for Twitter
5. You can use the message centre in your paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MadMonkJim

If you have funds in your paypal account balance then normally you can use it to pay for items for a while but at some time Paypal security will kick in and tell you to add a credit card to act as a back up funding source and to verify that paypal account.

1. You can click on help / contact and use the message centre option in the blue band at the top of the page (or the very bottom of the page dependent on country).
2. You can click on help / contact and use the phone option in the blue band top of the page (or the very bottom of the page dependent on country).
3. You can send them a personal message via their Facebook page @ www.facebook.com/PayPal
4. You can send them a personal message via their Twitter page @ AskPayPal for Twitter

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

MadMonkJim
Contributor
Contributor

Thank You for your help. I appreciate you taking the time.

Jim

@kernowlass wrote:

@MadMonkJim

@3. You can send them a personal message via their Facebook page @ www.facebook.com/PayPal
@4. You can send them a personal message via their Twitter page @ AskPayPal for Twitter

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Carlos

Hello MadMonkJim! Thank you for your post and welcome to the PayPal Community! If you are unable to made a payment, this could be just a temporary issue but also due to our internal security system as advised by @kernowlass. You can read more about this here https://goo.gl/ZL6Cc2. Hope this helps. – Carlos

Login to Me Too

SteveRC
Contributor
Contributor

Here is my experience...

I received an email from Paypal regarding issues with my documents for verifying my business account, which stated I should not reply to it, but use the Email facility in Paypal, - but when I go to that page, I just get a warning triangle saying the page is unavailable!

I have searched high and low for some way to get an email message through without success..

What sane and reasonable Enterprise would send a mail to a client querying a submission, and give him Absolutely No Way to reply to it?

.. and no, I am NOT a fan of Instagram, Facebook, or even Community Fora for that matter!

Login to Me Too

Letsplay
Contributor
Contributor
Yep, PayPal does everything they can to keep you from being to message them. I’ve tried their message center but that’s only good for automated responses. Can’t even reply to their message to tell them it doesn’t help. Seems like they use the community as free customer service since you get better responses there and it costs them very little.
Login to Me Too

ladylou
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry I do not have an answer, I too have spend the last 3 hours trying to get through.   I did not get a statement for May, so nothing showing to say what the minimum payment amount was going to be, usually around £35 - so imagine this morning when I find they have taken £94!!   Telephoning just gives the same options as online, there is absolutely no way to speak to a human,or even a machine!!!

Last time I send e mails, after toing and froing, I was told that Pay Pal cannot actually "get into" a Pay Pal Credit Account to help.

I have a credit balance as I am not actually using PPCredit at present, so there is absolutely no reason for this amount to be taken, and of course it is the weekend!!.

Only thing to do now, is report the DD to my bank, and wait.   This is an awful lot of money to take from me in one hit, when I was not even able to check previously how much it would be!

Hence the reason I am paying it off, the service is totally one sided and bordering on, well I can't say can I?   Bet they would soon answer me then!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.