Unable to Make a Monthly PayPal Credit Payment

Koala
Contributor
Contributor
For about the past 24 hours, I've been trying to log into my PayPal Credit account to make a payment. Today I keep receiving the message, "Synchrony Bank is experiencing some unexpected technical issues. We apologize for this inconvenience. We appreciate your patience as we work quickly to resolve the matter. Please try again later. Please note - our call centers are also experiencing technical difficulties and may have long wait times. Thank you for being a valued customer." I've searched online to see if anyone else is receiving this message and can't find anything. I've cleared my cache and restarted my device... same message. CAN ANYONE HELP OR CONFIRM OR PROVIDE ANY INFORMATION!?
Login to Me Too
32 REPLIES 32

ptosistheseus
Contributor
Contributor

Wow! Thanks!!! Got a link for Smart Connect also?

Login to Me Too

Koala
Contributor
Contributor
Who "accepted" this solution? I know I didn't. And the person who originally posted it said it ended up not working. I have a feeling that PayPal listed this as the solution when it actually ended up not working and just frustrated people more.
Login to Me Too

lovetosell
Contributor
Contributor

If you are referring to me (lovetosell) as the person whose post was marked as the "solution", then I agree...

I did not mark my post as the "solution".

I just looked at it and I saw there was one kudo - and it is from a PayPal Moderator!!!  Of course!

There was an email link I posted later - that enabled me to go straight to my PayPal credit account (the one another poster identified correctly as the former Bill Me Later credit line; there is no physical credit card for this account). I was able to pay my account with that link. So, that worked for me but it's obviously (from what other posters have written) only for PayPal Credit. I simply shared what worked for me - thinking we were ALL talking about "PayPal Credit"... until more posts erupted and posters were talking about other Synchrony accounts I've never even heard of.

I suspect the PayPal moderator marked my post as the "solution".  My post did NOT work - as I tried to state in subsequent posts.  I was simply trying to help out and share what info I was able to obtain, what did work for me as far as making a payment (but still no access to my actual account on the PayPal summary page).  Some posters reactions here are really unhelpful and unnecessary. No need to shoot the messenger.  Was just trying to help and struggling with this problem like the rest of you. 

Up until last year, I didn't even realize that PayPal and PayPal Credit were not connected. I had to call PayPal with a question regarding a purchase I made last year using PayPal credit and they directed me to Synchrony Bank. I had assumed PayPal serviced PayPal Credit simply because of the link on my summary page. When I could not locate that link this week to pay my bill, I panicked and thought I must have missed some announcement saying I needed to log in someplace else to make payments. I think this has been very confusing.

I cannot be mad at PayPal. This is not their issue. But maybe the PayPal Credit account lines should not be attached to the PayPal summary pages. Synchrony Bank handles our PayPal Credit accounts and has our information. They should be communicating with their customers to let us know there is a problem and what we can do. I am quite sure they have our email addresses... You know we'd be hearing from them if we weren't paying our bill! 🙂

Login to Me Too

Yonacab
Contributor
Contributor
I too having issues with PayPal credit link contacted by phone regarding issue where you call to pay credit account. Switch me to a person to make note of problem.
Login to Me Too

Koala
Contributor
Contributor

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO RESPONDED! You ALL provided helpful information and support. (Much better than PayPal did. SMH) Anyway, when I logged in today, everything "looked" OK, but in my case I was charged a late fee. (This may not happen to everyone, my due date falls around this time.) I called the "Contact Us" number and no one ever picked up the phone! It just rang and rang. I went to <removed> and found a different #. I still had to wait on hold, but not as long as I thought. I got everything cleaned up, made a payment, and now I'm stress free! Well, at least regarding PayPal. For now. Thanks again and good luck!

Login to Me Too

Koala
Contributor
Contributor
I have no idea where or if this comment is going to show up in the string of comments, but now that PayPal combed through all of my posts and removed any slightly helpful information, the solution that might have worked for some is worth $h!t. I don't think I'm able to "unsolve" this issue either. 😡 It sounds like some of you have an actual credit card, and I don't have that. I just have a line of credit. I assumed they worked the same way. (Why shouldn't they?) Anyway, the best I can suggest is to read through all the responses (hopefully the comments made after the "solution" show up) and try whatever seems to work best for you. My apologies for getting your hopes up.
Login to Me Too

joea64
Contributor
Contributor

It actually seems as if we've been talking about two different things here. What I have is a PayPal-branded Mastercard (Cashback MC, to be specific), issued by Synchrony Bank. Those of us who have PayPal-branded credit cards were having serious issues being able to access our account information this past weekend; it turned out that the issue was at the Synchrony end. I reported in another thread earlier this morning that Synchrony appears to have repaired the issue, because I was able to get to my account information page from my PayPal summary page, and set up my next monthly payment without any issues.

I believe what you have is PayPal Credit, which is, as you say, a line-of-credit thing, not a credit card as such (no physical card is issued, as far as I know). This actually used to be owned by another company and was called "Bill Me Later", before PayPal acquired it. I think - based on some statements here in these forums - that Synchrony might also service it, but I'm not certain. It sounds to me like you're saying that PayPal services PayPal Credit accounts directly (same as with Pay In 4) so that you have to make payments directly to them, but I speak under correction.

Login to Me Too

Koala
Contributor
Contributor
You are absolutely correct joea64! I think we were ALL having issues but we were using the same language to talk about 2 different things. Now if people go back to read this searching for help or reference, I'm not sure how helpful it will be at all. (Smacks head) But you explained the definitions of how PayPal uses the term "credit" perfectly! I sincerely hope everyone has been able to straighten their accounts out. At this point, I'm out of suggestions besides exercising patience, referring to communities like these (which have helped keep my sanity and provided more possibilities to try than any non-existent customer service), and decide whether or not they want to keep their accounts open. Apparently this is not the first time this has happened. Thank you for the clarification! 👍🏻
Login to Me Too

ptosistheseus
Contributor
Contributor

"Synchrony appears to have repaired the issue"

Oh hell no they didn't. Last time in 2017 it was down for 19 days.

07.16.21 Fri : Realized no button on Paypal site to pay off credit and Smart connect, both "managed" with  the worst reputation of all, Synchrony Bank. Tried MySynchrony but the url  was also down. I got lucky and was able to wait 25 minutes on the phone to pay off SmartConnect & credit bill.

07.17.21 Sat : Just called up for **bleeping** retentive purposes and at the start of the call, the recording said  "unable  to access any account". Great. Snail mail then.

07.19.21 Mon Still no button on Paypal. Called to cancel Smartconnect/Credit cards since payments did go through and had zero balance on both. I was able to cancel the credit card but not SmartConnect. Was handed off to a supervisor who informed me to "call back in 2 hours" to cancel SmartConnect.  Oh that's so fkg awesome. 

So unable to give you a phone number in text, let's see if I can hide it in an image.

<Removed>

This is the snail mail address:

POB <Removed>

Oralando FL <Removed>

I plan to just not use paypal anymore and use a regular credit card because Paypal knows that Synchrony is FUBAR and continues to employ them. Paypal and Synchrony obviously don't GAF about their customers.

Login to Me Too

Koala
Contributor
Contributor
I loved and appreciated all of your information as well, but those bas**rds removed the details! (I happened to see it before it was taken down, but what good does that do if I can't share it either?) It's as if any solution any of us find to help each other, they shut it down block it intentionally. 🤔 Really making me start to wonder... I've got a balance to pay off, but I'm hesitating to continue with PayPal. If anyone has any media connections, maybe this is something the public should know more about... 🤔
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.