Late fee on paypal credit

djkenstone
Contributor
Contributor

I've been paying every month within a few days of receiving the email that the new statement is available.  This month my balance was around $30 and I noticed a late fee added.  I called and explained that I always pay on time and they said my payments are in the gray area.  What does that even mean?  

I made the payment bringing my balance to zero and closed the account.  

Very terrible customer service.  

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@djkenstone 

Huh? Grey area? Smh. Smiley Frustrated

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

k39915
New Community Member

I got a similar response, but instead they told me that the payment was a "ghost fee" from when Paypal merged with Synchrony and reversed the charge. 

How does that make any sense? The man I spoke to spent several minutes speaking to his supervisor, so I'm guessing he was being told to keep his response short and vague. 

What a total scam. 

Login to Me Too

Jbragg4
New Community Member
I’m having the same issue. When I brought it up, the late fees Mysteriously disappeared. Now I’m having issues because they’re trying to say I don’t have any proof!
Login to Me Too

JessicaBlack2k
New Community Member

Paypal did this to me several times and gave me the 'grey area' BS speech as well.  I was told by the rep that if you pay within 5 days of your due date, the payment may not process  on time and you'll be charged a late fee. 

Another thing that can happen when they pull this is that they will apply the payment to your account balance but NOT apply it to your payment for that month.  So when you get your statement for the following month, not only is there a late fee, but your payment is also doubled because they never counted it toward your previous months payment.  

I've gone round and round with them on the phone over this practice and advised them that if it happens again, I'm getting a lawyer involved.  They are not a real bank. My recommendation is to pay it off and close the account. 

Synchronicity bank is the only bank you can call about a problem with your account and have the phone rep talk **bleep** to you. I have NEVER experienced the rudeness anywhere else that I've received from Synchronicity. When they're paid off, they are gone. I only use it for ebay anyways and that site is full of scammers also now.  Good Riddance to both.

Login to Me Too

CoVrt
Contributor
Contributor

Synchrony has everybody in their pocket, and still they're barbaric.

Amazon, Walmart, Paypal, etc... I guess when Elon left and Peter took over

paypal went from a service to a moneymaker...

I too was told by the rep that a five day window was standard... but that was when Paypal was Paypal.

When I signed up they only had payments due on the 1st... I mean, duh! Anyone on a fixed payday

is hurting because that doesn't happen until the 3rd.

For 12 years, every month, payed on the 2nd or 3rd with an "On the 1st due date", not one fee. Then bam, 40 bucks.

The problem with investing in technology is that it's a snake that eats its own tail...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.