HELP! Paypal Credit stole my money?!

ohcontraire
Contributor
Contributor

I recently got Paypal credit and got a bit carried away with the spending (oops) however, when I tried to make a repayment it appears to have just stolen the funds! I made a payment of £50 from my paypal balance and it immediately took the £50 off of my wallet/available balance but took a couple of days to apply to the credit balance. I then get an email saying that my payment has been rejected so I log in and check - my £50 payment is showing on my paypal credit statement as "received - thankyou". I emailed Paypal to ask why I had received the email and got a response stating that the payment had been rejected because I had spent the money in my main paypal balance... So I log in again to see what's happening and find that the £50 payment is now showing as being rejected on Paypal credit - it shows the £50 coming in and then going out again with the balance adjusting accordingly but in my paypal wallet/activity there is no sign of the £50 coming back into my balance. Where is the other side of this failed transaction? Also, as the £50 was immediately removed from my "available balance" and therefore not available, how could I possibly have spent it as Paypal are suggesting?!

Apologies from the long message, anyone else experienced anything like this?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

WillG2018
Contributor
Contributor

AVOID any form of PayPal--they are not trustworthy at all.  Best thing you can do is RUN away from them as fast as you can....

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.