Can't access Paypal Credit details. "Sorry, there was a technical error. Please try again later."

fonewiz
Contributor
Contributor

Can't access Paypal Credit details. Each time I click the link in the website or Paypal mobile app, I get "Sorry, there was a technical error. Please try again later.". This seems to be a very common issue when I do a Google search. Doesn't seem to be a resolution. I have tried multiple browsers, clearing cache, mobile app, incognito etc. No help.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

ptosistheseus
Contributor
Contributor

It's because Synchrony handles Paypal Credit. It's not your browser.  7 days ago when called Paypal Credit the message was  at the start of the recording was "can't access any information on any account".  Yesterday Paypal Credit Chat was also very slow.  The entire Synchrony system is still having major problems after 8 days.

I attempted to pay bill over the phone and it was rejected.

I attempted to pay bill again over the phone   - with the same checking account and during chat and the chat agent said "didn't go through"

The Paypal Credit buttons returned once again and I paid online.

I checked today expecting a second returned check fee and found out second attempt to pay over the phone did go through and I paid twice.

So I am getting a check for the overpayment via snail mail in 15 days - (maybe, maybe not)

BTW if you don't use the automated system to pay and use a agent, the charge is $10 to use a real person.

I canceled Paypal Credit. Never going to use it again - ever.

Login to Me Too

cbrc
Contributor
Contributor

How long did it take for the PayPal credit button to show? Also do you remember if you had a $0 account balance even though you had bought using PayPal credit? My PayPal credit account was made on June 17th for a eBay purchase but I am still getting the technical error message and showing a $0 balance even though I have already received my order.

Login to Me Too

fonewiz
Contributor
Contributor

I encourage everyone having this issue to call them so they can put in a ticket or issue. When I called they acted like it was a surprise that I would be having this issue. It's been a few days since I called and I have heard nothing from them, I now have a payment showing due and no way to pay it, still broke.

The more people that report it, the faster they will fix it.

Login to Me Too

fonewiz
Contributor
Contributor

I was finally able to get this resolved by calling <removed> the person on the line told me "It looks like your account isn't registered" whatever that means. She was able to do something on her end and fixed it immediately. Bonus, I could understand her and the phone line was clear and didn't keep cutting out. She also told me that when you can't hear or understand the phone rep, you can always ask for a US based phone rep and they will transfer you. Wow... So happy this is fixed, it was driving me crazy. Hope this helps others with this issue.

Login to Me Too

fonewiz
Contributor
Contributor

Wow it won't allow me to post the phone number I used... Maybe it will work like this <removed>

Login to Me Too

GurudevB

Try spelling it out with words, like seven two four etc. Or with random characters in between. Doesn't look like there's a way to PM each other either..

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.