zestads limited

Spearfisher
Contributor
Contributor

I am not sure about everybody else but I think that Paypal should be able to warn us about companies that scam such as Zestads Limited and Luckwa etc... They have to know that these companies are not legitimate so when a purchase comes through the system it should throw up a red flag and let thew buyer know that it could be a scam. Another idea would be to report the names of corrupt businesses each month us. It is inconceivable that paypal would settle a dispute and then send more money to the same company later with the same result.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Spearfisher 

In a perfect world, we want these companies to babysit us but in reality, they don't, can't, won't. 

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#disclaimer-warranty

"PayPal does not have any control over the products or services provided by sellers who accept PayPal as a payment method, and PayPal cannot ensure that a buyer or a seller you are dealing with will actually complete the transaction or is authorized to do so."

In actuality, it is us that has to report these companies to PayPal separately, not just filing disputes when a transaction goes bad. They can't just go around assuming their seller customers are bad right off the bat.

Always do research on a merchant/site before buying, too many are slapping fake shops together or buying fake ads, caught and redoing it all over again. Its the new spam of shopping.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
135 REPLIES 135
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Spearfisher 

In a perfect world, we want these companies to babysit us but in reality, they don't, can't, won't. 

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#disclaimer-warranty

"PayPal does not have any control over the products or services provided by sellers who accept PayPal as a payment method, and PayPal cannot ensure that a buyer or a seller you are dealing with will actually complete the transaction or is authorized to do so."

In actuality, it is us that has to report these companies to PayPal separately, not just filing disputes when a transaction goes bad. They can't just go around assuming their seller customers are bad right off the bat.

Always do research on a merchant/site before buying, too many are slapping fake shops together or buying fake ads, caught and redoing it all over again. Its the new spam of shopping.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

fortnum
Contributor
Contributor

I am the latest victim of Zestads who sold me a defective drone and then failed to reply to any emails. I just opened a dispute with PayPal and I am wondering if all, or anyone who have been similarly ripped off by this company, have been reimbursed by PayPal. If the answer is no then it would suggest a collusion between PayPal and Zestads, if in fact PayPal have been reimbursing members then I truly would have to wonder why PayPal are allowing them to continue to drag the PayPal reputation down along with them and worse, why they are allowing Zestads to continue to perpetrate their scams at worst or incompetence at the very least, on the PayPal platform. I always maintain a reasonable skepticism with some of these companies but usually feel encourages when I see that it is a PayPal transaction. This is making me rethink that assumption somewhat.  A great shame. Are there any other pay services as an option?

Login to Me Too

Patti6
Contributor
Contributor
I never received a drone at all. All of these complaints I don't understand why PayPal still allows them to sale on their site. They must be receiving some kind of money for allowing them to use PayPal.
Login to Me Too

chumphris
Contributor
Contributor

I too have suffered and it is companies such as these (Zest Ads and PayPal) that are bringing online sales into disrepute. It may be more expensive but perhaps easier to buy in a shop where you can see it, hold it, feel it - look the seller in the eye!

Login to Me Too

Jenlyon24
Contributor
Contributor
Why would a company allow a scam site that has numerous complaints against them AND who refuses to reimburse their customers for the constant non-delivery of any items? ...A legitimate company would not. PayPal, however does NO investigation and continues to push the scammer...i.e.themselves. Lol who do you really think that shell company with no contact information is? If PayPal supports it, it is bc they ARE the same company.
Login to Me Too

Olgamunguia
Contributor
Contributor
I agree, I filed a dispute and my case was close even after they PayPal can clearly see that I got no response from the fake seller. Scammers. 138.95
Login to Me Too

DallasDeb

I believe you are correct!  PayPal continues to find in favor of ZestAds Limited when a dispute is filed and they ignore requests for an appeal even when significant and adequate proof of the scam is provided.

Login to Me Too

Thekinaton
Contributor
Contributor
Because they are making money from it
Login to Me Too

zestadscam
Contributor
Contributor

I agree with you, ordered 5 drones on may 9 and haven't received any feedback or replies to my emails or the drones. After reading all the google articles and realizing its a scam, i'm hoping paypal can credit my card if indeed the account i set up is REAL paypal.

Makes you realize why we shouldn't buy anything from CHINA after the china virus fiasco.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.