woried about receving large payment

funkytwig
Contributor
Contributor

I am selling an item on eBay (a bicycle) which may go for £1000.  This makes me nervous.  What could go wrong?  What's the best wat for me to protect myself?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

funkytwig
Contributor
Contributor

Also if this is a 'direct' payment, rather than one connected to an eBay sale is it safer?

Login to Me Too

Amato66
Contributor
Contributor
I WISH I had looked into receiving large sums of money before I ever set up my unemployment checks to be directly deposited in to my PayPal account because now I have over 2 thousand dollars in my account and I cant access any of it because they are saying its suspicious activity which I find very alarming that they find a U.S. Government Funded Account suspicious and they are asking me to show receipts to provide proof of the direct deposits to my account which isn't even possible and the entire Customer Service Department is completely shut down and unable to speak with an actual agent over the phone so I'm dealing with back and forth messaging that I end up waiting hours for a reply and don't even get an answer to the question I originally asked them and so when I reply back asking for the answer again I need to wait another 3 hours MINIMUM I will never use PayPal ever again after I some how get my money out of this prison I stupidly used for my money
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.