withdrawal shows completed but no money went into the bank account.

smileyboshank
Contributor
Contributor

I made a withdrawal on the 17th may and still no funds appeared into the bank account, I have noticed that the bank account on my paypal account was my sons. I made the mistake of adding his bank account but the sort code and account number details are correct for his bank. I'm wondering would this cause a delay in the payment going into my sons bank account or will it reverse into my paypal account again as its not my name on the bank account on my paypal? I have contacted paypal and they said it show as "completed" so contact the bank as it should have been paid. My son contacted his bank and they said no payment is showing from paypal so the money has disappeared and I'm not sure what to do next as paypal and my bank don't seem to know whats going on, any help provided would be very much appreciated, thanks

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@smileyboshank

Difficult to advise as you haven't bothered to add your country to your profile.

But if the name on the bank account does not match the name on the paypal account then odds are it will fail.

Allow 30 days for it to bounce back to your balance and if no show then contact customer services for a trace.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

smileyboshank
Contributor
Contributor

I will give it some time to see if it goes back into my paypal balance, I'm also in the UK. I didn't realise I hadn't updated my country so thank you for the information and the help!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.