why are my fee's different for similar transactions

stormvr6
New Community Member

I recently sold an item on ebay for 50.99 and got charged a fee of £2.19 by PayPal, and minutes later I sold a similar item for £51.99 and got charged £1.97, both the items had free postage, so why the different fee's, am I being over/under charged.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@stormvr6

For the 50.99, the sender account is cross-border and is one of these countries: Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Estonia, France (including French Guiana, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Reunion and Mayotte), Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Portugal, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, United Kingdom (including Channel Islands and Isle of Man), Vatican City State. Rate is 3.9%+20p.

For 51.99, the sender account is not. Probably domestic "within-border". Rate is 3.4%+20p

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@stormvr6

For the 50.99, the sender account is cross-border and is one of these countries: Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Estonia, France (including French Guiana, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Reunion and Mayotte), Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Portugal, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, United Kingdom (including Channel Islands and Isle of Man), Vatican City State. Rate is 3.9%+20p.

For 51.99, the sender account is not. Probably domestic "within-border". Rate is 3.4%+20p

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

stormvr6
New Community Member

Ok thanks for that, so Glasgow is cross border, although it is uk mainland, wow. 

I appreciate the quick answer, saved me time calling them up.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.