what are the fees associated with buying goods from Canada?

ckfromFL
New Community Member

I am interested in buying some stuff from Canada.  What are the fees associated with buying goods from Canada?  Thanks.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ckfromFL 

Sellers pay fees not buyers, the only thing you may pay are conversion fees if you pay in another currency, those vary on a daily basis.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michael

Hi, ckfromFL. Welcome to the PayPal Community! Knowing what fees might be assessed when you make a purchase from a seller in a country outside of the US is definitely important.

In general, what @kernowlass said is absolutely correct. However, since your profile indicates you're in the US and you want to purchase from someone in Canada, there might be a couple of situations where a fee could be assessed other than a currency conversion fee.

I suggest logging on to your PayPal account and clicking Fees at the bottom of the page to see everything there is to see about fees. You can also see more information in the User Agreement under Sending Money & Buying (https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#buying).

I hope this is helpful in addition to what @kernowlass mentioned. Thanks for being a part of the PayPal Community!

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.