very basic

BJN05
Contributor
Contributor

Just signed up - when ordering something online what do I provide as payment since I'm guessing I don't need to provide my credit card number.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BJN05

If its a website you just log into your paypal account and pay, you can click on 'change' if you want to select a different funding source for paypal to take the payment from.

Failing that........

The email address you use with paypal identifies your paypal account and is all someone needs to send you an invoice or money request.
Or you can pay to their email address using the 'send money' > goods / services option but the above option is better as you can make sure the seller fills in a full description of what you are paying for.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BJN05

If its a website you just log into your paypal account and pay, you can click on 'change' if you want to select a different funding source for paypal to take the payment from.

Failing that........

The email address you use with paypal identifies your paypal account and is all someone needs to send you an invoice or money request.
Or you can pay to their email address using the 'send money' > goods / services option but the above option is better as you can make sure the seller fills in a full description of what you are paying for.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.