use paypal on vacation abroad

joncito
New Community Member

I'm going on vacation abroad but will need to use my account. Is this possible?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@joncito

As paypal is country specific then you may have a problem.

If paypal security kick in then they will need to verify you and that is done normally by sending a text to your paypal linked mobile phone so make sure its with you or you risk your account being limited.

Also let customer services know BEFORE you leave that you will be travelling.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

do you have a Paypal business debit card which is an MC,it taps your Paypal fund backedby bank fund,your bank fund.

if used as a credit card,Paypal rebates you 1%

daily cash limit 400,daily spending 3k  

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@joncito

As paypal is country specific then you may have a problem.

If paypal security kick in then they will need to verify you and that is done normally by sending a text to your paypal linked mobile phone so make sure its with you or you risk your account being limited.

Also let customer services know BEFORE you leave that you will be travelling.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Christin-smith
New Community Member

Hello @kernowlass

Thanks a lot for your reply that is helping me to address my problem more easily here. 

The thing happened with me is, my account is based on United States. But for some urgency I had to go to Bangladesh and needed to logged into my PayPal account from that country. I received a text from 729725 which was like: PayPal Security Alert: Did you sign in from Dhaka, C, BD at 11:00 AM PDT, 22-Apr-2019? If yes, reply 1. If no, reply 2. Msg & Data rates apply. So I replied with 1 as my answer was Yes.  And the next reply from that number was like: PayPal Security Alert: Thanks for confirming! No further action required.  From this reply I just understand that, it should be a good way to keep secure my account and this way they can know when I'm in abroad. Which will help me to use my account smoothly without having any problem. Because I go to that country several times in a year and for each time I go there I stay for 10-15 days. 

Now, what strange to me and also I'm very curious to know, since there is a way to verify if it is the account owner logged into his/her account from abroad, why still there is risk to get limitations on account ? PayPal is already having a good way to verify and confirm a sign in by its owner. But still why I may need to suffer from some restrictions or limitations ? 

So what will be a good solution for PayPal user's like me ?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.