upgrade to TLS 1.2

Pattim51
Contributor
Contributor

How can I check to make sure I have upgraded to TLS 1.2?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

If you're concerned about your web browser, the best option is to ensure you're using the latest version.   Here's a few tips that were picked up from the internet.    The following browsers support the security changes and no action is required on your part:

Internet Explorer 11 (Desktop & Mobile)
    Internet Explorer 8,9,10 (Desktop – Compatible but not enabled by default)
    Firefox 27 and higher
    Google Chrome 38 and higher
    Google Android 5.0 and higher
    Safari 7 on OSX 10.9 (Mavericks) Desktop and higher
    Safari 5 on iOS 5 Mobile and higher
    Edge

The following operating systems are not compatible with TLS 1.1 or higher and it's recommended that you upgrade your operating
system to a supported system:

Windows XP
    Windows Vista
    Server 2008
    Server 2003

Notes:
* If you're currently using Internet Explorer 7 or earlier – You must upgrade your browser
* If you're currently using Google Chrome – You must have have Windows 7 or a newer operating system
* If you're currently using Firefox version 26 or earlier – You must have Windows XP Service Pack 2 or newer
* If you're currently using Safari – versions older than 7 on OSX 1.9 (Mavericks) – TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 are not supported,
so you must use Google Chrome for MAC

If you have a web site that is being hosted by a web hosting service or company, contact their support - in most cases many hosting companies have already updated their systems behind the scenes.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

If you're concerned about your web browser, the best option is to ensure you're using the latest version.   Here's a few tips that were picked up from the internet.    The following browsers support the security changes and no action is required on your part:

Internet Explorer 11 (Desktop & Mobile)
    Internet Explorer 8,9,10 (Desktop – Compatible but not enabled by default)
    Firefox 27 and higher
    Google Chrome 38 and higher
    Google Android 5.0 and higher
    Safari 7 on OSX 10.9 (Mavericks) Desktop and higher
    Safari 5 on iOS 5 Mobile and higher
    Edge

The following operating systems are not compatible with TLS 1.1 or higher and it's recommended that you upgrade your operating
system to a supported system:

Windows XP
    Windows Vista
    Server 2008
    Server 2003

Notes:
* If you're currently using Internet Explorer 7 or earlier – You must upgrade your browser
* If you're currently using Google Chrome – You must have have Windows 7 or a newer operating system
* If you're currently using Firefox version 26 or earlier – You must have Windows XP Service Pack 2 or newer
* If you're currently using Safari – versions older than 7 on OSX 1.9 (Mavericks) – TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 are not supported,
so you must use Google Chrome for MAC

If you have a web site that is being hosted by a web hosting service or company, contact their support - in most cases many hosting companies have already updated their systems behind the scenes.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.