transaction fee for sending money to a friend from france to India

TasnimaZaman
Contributor
Contributor

hello

I am new to PayPal and want to use it to send money to India from France.

I will be a making a monthly transaction of 2000 Indian rupee and have the following questions:

1. Is there any fixed euro to rupee currency exchange rate? ( receiver wants the payment in Indian rupee)

2. what will be the transaction fee of the sender?

3. will the receiver have to pay any additional fee?

4. if fees apply, how much do I actually have to pay to send 2000 rupee to my friend

Thank you in advance and have great day!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TasnimaZaman 

1. Currency conversion changes on a daily basis.

Here's how Paypal set exchange rate when making a conversion:

•They receive a wholesale rate quote from their bank twice a day to determine the retail foreign exchange rate to apply to transactions that involve a currency conversion.
•They say their currency exchange rates are competitive with conversion rates used by banks and by currency exchanges. (Please keep in mind that some of the rates quoted in the newspapers or online are the inter-bank rates that are available only to the largest international banks purchasing currencies in large quantities. A more applicable comparison for consumers is the exchange rates quoted at airports or other consumer currency exchange shops.)

HOWEVER they would need to have fulfilled all the requirements in this link to accept payments and extra to accept INR.
https://www.paypal.com/in/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-receive-paypal-payments-faq1750?app=searchAutoC...

2. Buyers don't pay fees, and as you would have to send it as a goods/services transaction then the 'seller' would pay the fee.

Accounts in India can't accept friends / family ie gift / personal payments.

3. As per 2.

4. As per 1 + for the fees they would need to go to legal bottom right of paypal pages > select the country you need > user agreement > FEES.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.