the merchant need my ID government identity to proceed my paypal payment

nodahefny
Contributor
Contributor

Dear

the merchant need my ID government identity to proceed my paypal payment the original Email below so i need advice and now the payment is pending .

Dear Customer ,

We experienced an issue processing your recent purchase and we require some further verification in order for us to complete your purchase on the sms account.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but it is important to us that we protect our customers from the fraudulent use of personal information.

Please send us a copy of a government issued photo identification card that matches the name on the credit card or PayPal account that you provided as your payment method.

There are 2 easy ways to complete the verification process:

-You can scan the information and email it to us at ....

-You can take a photo of the information with your mobile phone and email it to us at

Please be sure to include your name, username, and email address along with the requested information.

For security reasons please do *not* include your full credit card number or an image of your credit card in your correspondence. We just need to review your government issued photo identification card at this time

If you have any questions please contact us at ...............

We appreciate your cooperation and look forward to working with you.

Best wishes,

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nodahefny 

What in the world are they selling to be asking for photo ID? But these days, who you sell to may not be who is paying. PayPal is not guaranteeing it. So if you want to proceed, then provide this info, if not, decline/cancel the purchase.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.