surcharging

RevanD

So I stumbled onto this topic recently:

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/About-Payments-Archive/PayPal-fee-charged-by-merchant/m-p/838392

And alot of people state that surcharging isn't allowed. Yet, thus far I've noticed that it isn't entirely true. The no surcharging rule mainly seems to apply to US while in several other languages it allows it, along as it is according to the local regulations. 
Can anyone confirm this? 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RevanD

Look at the user agreement for your country as some may allow it depending on how it's done. In the US, you can't say are surcharging but you can institute a handling fee (not calling it specifically a PayPal fee surcharge) but it must be a consistent flat rate fee essentially amongst the all orders and payment methods you have.

Click "legal" at the bottom of any PayPal web page.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

RevanD

Thank you for your response. Everywhere I looked it said it wasn't allowed altogether.

Should I put this on my site if I give the option for paypall, in case if I were to sell internationally? So people are aware of my country's paypal user agreement by any chance? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.