software update

carol060957
Contributor
Contributor

I have received an email from Paypal regarding a software update to take effect on 9th July. 2019 when I have re-set my card reader.  I need to know if this is genuine as I have been receiving fake emails during an eBay transaction.

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

Dottyd
Contributor
Contributor
I was able to get my issue sorted I had been trying the app from a tablet I use for it so it worked when I installed the PayPal here app on a iPhone and paired it with it instead it took me most of the day to sort it tho
Login to Me Too

BrianM22
Contributor
Contributor

Did you work it out? Mine is saying Updating 1 of 23 but thats all it does. Wont advanced Done the reset re downloaded the app and nothing

Login to Me Too

We01
Contributor
Contributor
I've finally done update. I had to remove the apt from my phone and then reload it to make it work
Login to Me Too

MalcolmG

I have had the same issue all day, app and reader stuck on message "Downloading updates 1/2"

Rang helpdesk told to uninstall and re-install app, this did not sort it.

They said that there was a known bug in the update affecting some users and emailed link to raise ticket with Tech support.

Raised ticket with technical support but not heard anything, lost sales today as no card facilities.

Not happy over forced update which is not working for all.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Malcolm

Login to Me Too

We01
Contributor
Contributor
I've just completely removed the apt half hour ago and then reinstalled it then started process again and the software update came on ok
Login to Me Too

Locofo
Contributor
Contributor

Mine is stuck even after reinstalling the app on my phone. Any more tips?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.