sending money

70ieschild
Contributor
Contributor

i just sent £5 to a friend in manila, i have done this several times this year, with no charge,  but this time i was charged £4.39,,  why is this please

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@70ieschild

Depends what country you are in.

Depends how you sent the payment.

Depends how you funded the payment etc etc.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

70ieschild
Contributor
Contributor

sent exactly the same way as previously. to manila, for a friend, funded through my mastercard...was never charged a fee before

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@70ieschild

Sorry as you still haven't said what country you are in, can't help.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @70ieschild,

I'm sorry to hear that there was an unexpected fee.

If the payment is from one country to another, there would be a cross-border fee. A payment using a card as the payment method would also incur a fee.

As @kernowlass mentioned, adding your account information to your profile can help the folks here tailor their responses to your particular country. If you'd like to adjust this setting in your profile, you can go to Preferences > Preferences Tab > Privacy, or click this direct link

In this case, that would enable us to pass on a link to the fees page specific to your country. Without that information, I hope the general response I gave above resolves the situation for you.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

70ieschild
Contributor
Contributor

ok...i live in the uk... i have been sending small amounts to my friends in the philipinnes this year.. £5 each time.. but was  only charged a very small fee before... but this time i was charged almost 100% of the sent money for this transaction this time... it is funded the same as always..from my mastercard... my question is why has the cost of sending money to friends gone up so high since my last transaction

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.