scam?

Colgan
Contributor
Contributor

I had some items on Craigslist and was contacted by an out of state buyer...says do I do PP I say yes.  Anyways couple red flags in my view never tired kicked me down on price unusual for CL folks  plus when I looked up his address in Denver its apartments and buyer provided no apt. number.

He says he sent money to PP but all I got was an email in my spam box saying I received a deposit...yet when I log into PP account no $$ or activity.

Is this most likely a scam?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Colgan 

SOUNDS LIKE THIS SCAM, READ IT TO CHECK.

SCAM.

They encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails 'may' go into your junk/spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't actually have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Colgan 

SOUNDS LIKE THIS SCAM, READ IT TO CHECK.

SCAM.

They encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails 'may' go into your junk/spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't actually have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Colgan
Contributor
Contributor

thank you yes it was a scam...also what's interesting when I checked their address they were even listed as occupant of that address I HATE **bleep** scamers...people are just trying to transact and it should not be this way...James...thanks again

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.