scam

dhru1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all. Just a question regarding the safety of my paypal account. I've had an inquiry about something I'm selling on gumtree. I got a text asking if we could communicate via email. I did, and when I got their email it all sounded a bit dodgy. I've since found out there are scammers who take this approach so I'm confident my suspicions are right. All this person has is my email address attached to my paypal account, nothing else, not even my name. Can they do anything with this or is my account safe? Cheers

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dhru1 

Everyone you send an email to has your email address so as long as you haven't given them your paypal password as well then alls good.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dhru1 

Everyone you send an email to has your email address so as long as you haven't given them your paypal password as well then alls good.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

dhru1
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for that. I figured this was probably the case, but it's good to have it confirmed. Someone even trying to scam me makes me pretty uncomfortable and I start second guessing myself Cheers again

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.