sca without mobile reception

timnomobile
New Community Member

paypal is introducing strong customer authentication (SCA). however sending sms texts to a non-mobile won't work, and I am in a mobile not-spot. In otherwords, no mobile signal - I don't even have a mobile because of that. Will paypall be able to send codes via voice message to a landline instead? if not, what provision is there for people like me.?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

timnomobile
New Community Member

answering my own question. After searching the forums I spotted this post

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/PayPal-Basics/New-security-rules-august-2020-uk/m-p/2300951

this seems to imply that if you don't have a mobile (or reception), the home or work number could be used. I'm not sure how they decide which one to ring though. maybe someone at paypal could comment.

Login to Me Too

56d24K
Contributor
Contributor

I too have this issue and would like to have clarity from PP about the workaround for those of us without mobile signal (or no mobile phone). 

So far PP Message Centre has said there is no workaround. 

How can that be the case?  We are being penalised for living in places without mobile signal? (or for having an older handset or no mobile?) 

Login to Me Too

lympy
New Community Member

I have the same problem. I'm not optimistic that there's a solution as I had a conversation about this with them a while back, and asked about using my home phone, but they clearly didn't want to do that, and the person just didn't seem to get that no mobile reception means no security number received! I've messaged them again today, but if I get the same response I'll be deleting my account. It's ridiculous  given how many people, especially in rural areas, are in this situation. It's a pity technology isn't covered in the Equality Act! 😎

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.