resolve paypal issue

gigi18
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there, I want to resolve an issue with my paypal account but I cant seem to get a human response from the message center which is making it hard to do, are there any paypal reps that I can actually talk to and send a message to rather that and get the same response over and over? 

I cant seem to be able to resolve these issues without a real person to talk to

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

jeffbeaver
Contributor
Contributor

I would suggest filing a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Agency, and FTC. This seems to be the way PayPal does business. I'm limited from accessing my own money because Paypal seems to have the ability to control my access to money that is mine. Of course they collected their fee and now I can't access my own available balance. I replied to their request for more information and now it's day 5 of 'Being reviewed'

Calling customer service will only serve to waste upwards of 2 hours of your time, and they will simply tell you that you must wait for the review to be completed. 

If more people file complaints with the agencies I listed above, it may help bring more attention from outside agencies to apply some pressure to Paypal. Of course being the little guy, none of these companies actually care about me, or the damage it's doing to my livelihood. It's really unbelievable. 

The worst part of all of this is that I despise having to use Paypal but Ebay doesn't allow an alternative. This should fall under antitrust laws. if I had an option, I would NEVER use paypal, but since I'm being forced to use this terrible service I'm of course being strong held by their unreasonable rules.

Login to Me Too

gigi18
Contributor
Contributor

In Australia we have to financial services ombudsman so I have filled a complaint to them, do you know how to contact paypal via email and actually speak to a person rather than get a silly automated response ?

Login to Me Too

jeffbeaver
Contributor
Contributor

You have to use their message center that is not an actual person but a generated reply. For phone I'm not sure from Australia, but in the us it's <removed> Hope that helps

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.