request

giftnoah
Contributor
Contributor

I've sent a request for money payed into my PayPal account but it says request pending, what could be the delay?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Dell14z
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

DANGER DANGER!!!  PayPal does require nor request service fees for your money. The email may seem to be from PayPal but might not be real. You were wise to ask before falling for a scam.   

I got email today from billing at PayPal funds or something similar. They requested that I click to pay $99.95 for a new piece of medical equipment. 

The one I have cost fifteen thousand dollars ($15,000) and I didn’t have  to pay for it. 

Two weeks ago I emailed a company about an add-on for my equipment. Either they were hacked or an employee did a bad thing. I emailed them to inquire and they said to have patience while they investigate it. I’m assuming that they found something and are dealing with it. 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@giftnoah 

Your buyer hasn't paid yet maybe?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

giftnoah
Contributor
Contributor

the buyer has paid and already received the parcel

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@giftnoah 

So if you sent a payment request and the buyer has paid then how can it be pending?

Are you sure the buyer paid and it wasn't a spoof email?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

giftnoah
Contributor
Contributor

I don't know if it's a poof email, but it came via PayPal email. how much does PayPal charge for service fees? and how long do they take to transfer the money?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@giftnoah 

are the funds SHOWING in your paypal account balance???

if they are not SHOWING then you have NOT been paid.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

giftnoah
Contributor
Contributor

funds are not showing in my account balance, the thing is I've been requested to pay service fees before I could receive my funds, how much should it be usually?

Login to Me Too
Solved

Dell14z
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

DANGER DANGER!!!  PayPal does require nor request service fees for your money. The email may seem to be from PayPal but might not be real. You were wise to ask before falling for a scam.   

I got email today from billing at PayPal funds or something similar. They requested that I click to pay $99.95 for a new piece of medical equipment. 

The one I have cost fifteen thousand dollars ($15,000) and I didn’t have  to pay for it. 

Two weeks ago I emailed a company about an add-on for my equipment. Either they were hacked or an employee did a bad thing. I emailed them to inquire and they said to have patience while they investigate it. I’m assuming that they found something and are dealing with it. 

Login to Me Too

giftnoah
Contributor
Contributor

In this case I'm requested to pay the service fee amount of about $99 usd, if I do not pay this funds how will I end up being paid my funds?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@giftnoah 

You are being SCAMMED, paypal does not require you to send money to receive money.

You are receiving FAKE SCAM emails that are NOT from paypal.

Paypal payments go straight to your paypal account balance, if they are pending then they will show in that balance.

Ignore your buyer its a scam.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.