refund policy update

brianfamily
New Community Member

I received this email? why? I don't have any pending returns or refunds. No problem transactions reported from customers, ebay or pp. This is the message I received..."

At PayPal we are here to support you and we know that the spread of COVID-19 and its impact on the global economy has serious implications for your business. We have seen that you have been particularly impacted by recent customer behavior and so we would like to offer a temporary refund policy on your account. This means that from today until April 30th, PayPal will not withhold any of the transaction fees when we process a refund on your behalf.

We understand this is a difficult time for businesses, and we want to do our part to help support you. The updated policy will be automatically applied to your account."  Did anyone else receive this email? Please advise. Thank you!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@brianfamily 

When you receive a payment from a buyer a fee is deducted.

If you refund the buyer then the fee was not returned anymore (recent policy).

HOWEVER what they are saying in that email is that they WILL return any fee when and if you refund a buyer to help you out in these difficult times for businesses.........nice.  

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

underwatershop
Contributor
Contributor

I don't understand why not everyone gets this email - I have been refunding and not been refunded the fees ... I have requested support and nothing !

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.