refund not credited to my account

twogone
Contributor
Contributor

A company named 'dropbox' was permitted, without my approval, to extract $900.00 from my PayPal account.  I contacted PayPal and launched a dispute and I contacted dropbox.  Dropbox immediately contacted me and confirmed a complete refund.  PayPal has acknowledged that refund but one week has transpired and pay Pay has not yet credited my account.  I am finding it virtually impossible to make any contact with someone to discuss this problem as on the computer I am constantly redirected to some automated reply that does not answer my question.  PayPal used to be a pleasure to deal with but since the advent of preapproved payments it has become a nightmare.  It should be possible to block all preapproved payments at the PayPal end not the other way around.  A ridiculous system that should be scrapped immediately.

Mike

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@twogone

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller with a debit or credit card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your bank account or credit card but takes up to a week to process through to the bank and a bit longer for a c.c (Paypal say allow 30 days but I have never waited longer than a week for mine, the last one taking 4 days).

Ways to contact customer services........

1. You can click on help / contact and use the message centre option in the blue band at the top of the page (or the very bottom of the page dependent on country).
2. You can click on help / contact and use the phone option in the blue band top of the page (or the very bottom of the page dependent on country).
3. You can send them a personal message via their Facebook page @ www.facebook.com/PayPal
4. You can send them a personal message via their Twitter page @ AskPayPal for Twitter
5. You can use the message centre in your paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.