refund agreed, paypal fees not refunded?

yolotraveller1
Contributor
Contributor

buyer has raised a dispute. buyer and i agreed to a refund. however paypal seems do not want to refund there fees and i may have to pay the fees to refund the buyer succesfully? i have done refunds before and i have always seen fee reversals to be succesfull if buyer cancels dispute and i volunatarily refund the money, full or partial, will paypal reverse there fees. thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kernowlass wrote:

@yolotraveller1 

New policy they don't refund the fees anymore.

But that's only for US accounts, not Philippines accounts which only refunds the variable percentage rate portion of the fee, not the flat or fixed rate portion.

https://www.paypal.com/al/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_AL#exhibit_A

f. Refund Fee

Activity

Country/Region

Fee

Refunding a Commercial Payment

China, Hong Kong SAR China, Indonesia, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam

Albania, Andorra, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Georgia, Iceland, Moldova, Monaco, Serbia

If you issue a full refund of the Commercial Payment, we will retain the full Fixed Fee portion of the Commercial Payments Fee.

If you issue a partial refund of the Commercial Payment, we will retain the pro-rata share of the Fixed Fee portion of the Commercial Payments Fee.

The buyer’s Account will be credited with the full Commercial Payment amount in the event of a full refund, or a portion of the Commercial Payment amount in the event of a partial refund.

Your Account will be charged with the pro-rata share of the amount initially credited to your Account in connection with the Commercial Payment and the pro-rata share of the Fixed Fee portion of the Commercial Payments Fee

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@yolotraveller1 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kernowlass wrote:

@yolotraveller1 

But that's only for US accounts, not Philippines accounts which only refunds the variable percentage rate portion of the fee, not the flat or fixed rate portion.

https://www.paypal.com/al/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_AL#exhibit_A

f. Refund Fee

Activity

Country/Region

Fee

Refunding a Commercial Payment

China, Hong Kong SAR China, Indonesia, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam

Albania, Andorra, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Georgia, Iceland, Moldova, Monaco, Serbia

If you issue a full refund of the Commercial Payment, we will retain the full Fixed Fee portion of the Commercial Payments Fee.

If you issue a partial refund of the Commercial Payment, we will retain the pro-rata share of the Fixed Fee portion of the Commercial Payments Fee.

The buyer’s Account will be credited with the full Commercial Payment amount in the event of a full refund, or a portion of the Commercial Payment amount in the event of a partial refund.

Your Account will be charged with the pro-rata share of the amount initially credited to your Account in connection with the Commercial Payment and the pro-rata share of the Fixed Fee portion of the Commercial Payments Fee

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.