"paypal credit servicing" email-a scam?

erieguyintn
New Community Member

I came here looking for an answer about this email. It looks like a scam to me, especially because today is only April 23. There are links in the email suggesting I "schedule my payment ahead of time" with this URL: epl.paypal-communication.com/

PayPal CREDIT
Hello ,

Due to a scheduled servicing update, PayPal Credit servicing will be unavailable on our website and mobile app from June 20, 2019 5:00 PM ET to June 24, 2019 12:00 AM ET. You may have a payment due during this time, so we wanted to give you advanced notice.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Secondsilver
Contributor
Contributor

I have no notification of this service outage in my messages, (Canada) but a friend in the US has had an email in hers.  Does anyone at Paypal have a response as to whether this is "fake" news?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Gwen

Hi @erieguyintn and @Secondsilver,

Thank you for reaching out! PayPal Credit may have some temporary outages due to updates that can be pre-scheduled. I would always recommend checking your account for any notifications. Additionally, if you're concerned over the legitimacy of an email, here's some more information on how to report a fake PayPal email or website

Thanks,

Gwen

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.