"Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later."

slideleft
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone having this issue with their website-"Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later."? Its been down all day, perhaps longer.

Jeff

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
33 REPLIES 33

slideleft
Contributor
Contributor
Problem in my case was too much total text in my paypal button- 10 products, multiple sizes. I had to dumb button down to get it to work again, but searching for long term solution- probably new website and shopping application altogether. Ugh!
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@slideleft wrote:
Problem in my case was too much total text in my paypal button- 10 products, multiple sizes. I had to dumb button down to get it to work again, but searching for long term solution- probably new website and shopping application altogether. Ugh!

A button can only handle one product and up to 10 product options with or without price options so you'd need 10 individual buttons.

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/paypal-payments-standard/integration-guide/buy_now_step_1/...

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

slideleft
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, that is the proper usage I now see. I was trying to have all my products in same button so customer could access them from any of my pages. Probably only causes confusion.

Login to Me Too

claret1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, this link is no longer valid, does anyone know where the content can be found?

Thanks so much!

@FTS wrote:

See if this link has the answers you need:

https://www.paypal-knowledge.com/infocenter/index?page=content&id=FAQ2067

Login to Me Too

Lifeartacademy
Contributor
Contributor

Maybe link is old? I did not find answer to my situation.

PAYPAL do not works for eshop.jpg

no decision.jpgEncrypted disabled.jpg

Login to Me Too

samoartist
New Community Member

I had this same error message appear :

"PayPal error: Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later"

The image below is the window that kept appearing everytime I clicked 'proceed to PayPal' button on my checkout page. 

The solution? The site is powered by wordpress. Was using woocommerce and a couple other plugins to extend woocommerce capabilites to do with shipping etc, and so I started by deleting the woocommerce plugin and all the other woocommerce extension/plugins. (I suppose you can deactivate the plugins all at once too) Then I began to reinstall woocommerce and set it up all over again. It was good because I was able to download the latest woocommerce that had been updated too. 

And it all worked after that.

Im going to reinstall the other plugins one by one to see which one is the culprit. Anyway good luck people. Had to post my solution coz it was bothering me for days and i wished someone would've shared the solution somewhere on the web preferably youtube. Maybe I should do a youtube next.

paypal-screen.png

Login to Me Too

Cabreadito
Contributor
Contributor

seriously? when I click on the link Paypal say me  

Our technical support content has moved!

is this the solution?

Login to Me Too

claret1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I figured out a fix for my site—the problem was, I had enabled EWP (Encrypted Website Payments) even though I was using WooCommerce for my site. It looks like you only need EWP if you are using a manual button (more info about EWP is in the link below). Hope this helps!

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/paypal-payments-standard/integration-guide/encryptedwebpay...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.