question regarding paypal fees.

heating__up
New Community Member

when i receive money through paypal why does it take a % of it out? im just curious if this is normal or standard. 

say i receive 1$ i only get 0.67 is there anyway that i can change that to receive the full amount.

i am currently using this as a personal account funneled through my twitch account for donations if anybody could tell me the reason i am not getting the full amount that would be greatly appreciated or if they know a way that i can start receiving the full amount. 

thanks     

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@heating__up 

Thats your paypal fee !!!

If paypal did not charge you a fee to process payments for you then how could they run the service and pay their staff every month? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

dparinas
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @heating__up . Thank you for using PayPal. if someone sends money to you as a payment for goods and services, there will be a fee that's going to be charged to you. You may also visit our FEES page for more information. Here is the link:  https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/paypal-fees

Have a nice day! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.