question about selling art in the us + mexico

socratesmdn
New Community Member

hello, i have two questions.

I am small scale artist and was wondering if I should remain with a personal account or use a business account? I know that there are fees in both accounts. So if its recommended to just stay with the personal account and pay the fee per transaction then I would be fine doing that. Also since paypal is not my main source of payment I wouldn't be using it as often. 

The reason I am using paypal is because I am starting to sell both in the US and Mexico in different pop-ups. So my second question is if paypal would work the same way in the US and Mexico being that my account is from the US and the payments would be done with Mexican credit/debit cards / accounts. 

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@socratesmdn 

Personal account is fine but if you are residing in MX, then you must open a MX PayPal account because US PayPal will ask for US tax ID or SSN. Your funds may get stuck if you do not have US tax ID or SSN and linked US bank account. Otherwise, you can accept sales payments from MX with US PayPal account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.