purchasing a puppy through paypal payment

shyna
Contributor
Contributor

Hi.  Is it safe to make a purchase through a private party for merchandise.   For example, this purchase is for a puppy.  If i send him/her money through paypal are the funds secure if this person doesn't actually have the puppy and is trying to pull a scam?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anonymous_User

@shyna

Paypal may disagree with you on that one.

Re: Buying animals

Hi Di09,

If you're making a purchase for a good or service (including animals), you always want to use that option to pay. If you pay as friends and family, you have no buyer protection. This means if he never delivers the cat, or if there's something wrong with it once it arrives (it's no the cat you saw, it's ill, etc.), you wouldn't be eligible to dispute against the charge. 

I hope this helps! Have a great rest of your day. Smiley Happy

- Ashley M

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Unfortunately there's no buyer protection for this type of transaction.  As puppies cannot be shipped via UPS or USPS, this type of transaction would not be eligible for either Buyer or Seller Protection.   Check out the User Agreement.   The best thing you can do is pay cash, pick up your puppy in person and give him or her a big hug !  Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anonymous_User

@shyna

Paypal may disagree with you on that one.

Re: Buying animals

Hi Di09,

If you're making a purchase for a good or service (including animals), you always want to use that option to pay. If you pay as friends and family, you have no buyer protection. This means if he never delivers the cat, or if there's something wrong with it once it arrives (it's no the cat you saw, it's ill, etc.), you wouldn't be eligible to dispute against the charge. 

I hope this helps! Have a great rest of your day. Smiley Happy

- Ashley M

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

TylerMensah
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, so just to double check if you pay for a puppy through PayPal invoice you’re covered with buyers protection?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.