problem linking bank account

Jere31
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

When I try to link bank account i get a message that says something like can't process your request at this time, please try again latter.  5 days now I am getting this message and have tried many things.  I deleted the bank account on the account thinking that might help.  I also have outdated credit card info on the account and when I try to update the info I get the same message.  My wife was able to add a bank account to her paypal account on her ipad, but i still got the message when i tried on her ipad for both new bank and credit card update.  Any ideas?

Thanks, Jere31

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

cpat0204
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@Jere31 

Welcome to the Community Forum! Though our response times may be delayed, be assured we’re here to help. 

Here are some common issues you might encounter when linking a bank account:

• The bank account must be a U.S. bank.
  • The bank account can’t be linked to more than one account at a time.
  • The bank account can't be linked if it has already been linked to 3 previous PayPal accounts.
  • The name on the bank account must match the name on the PayPal account.

We can confirm accounts from most banks and credit unions. Unfortunately, there are some banks that are not compatible with PayPal, including most online only or prepaid bank accounts. 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution 🙂 

Stay Safe! 

Login to Me Too

Jere31
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for your reply,
It doesn't make sense to me that the message basically tells me paypal can't help me now, and to to try again later? (I've tried 20 times on 5 different days)
None of the suggestions in your reply apply to my situation with the possible exception of the names not being the same.  My first name on my paypal account is Steve.  It is possible the bank account has my first name as Steven.  Could that make a difference?  I'm thinking not because I get the same message when I try to update my credit card information ...and the name on the credit card account is Steve.  If I change my name to Steven on the paypal account will I then have a problem adding or updating any credit card because they are all in the name of Steve?  Thanks, Steve
Any other ideas?
Login to Me Too

Jere31
Contributor
Contributor

Please see my original post.  Nothing suggested applies.  Have also read any related help posts I have seen.  Anybody with any ideas about how I can get this taken care of?  Like to be able to use the account.  In trying to add a bank I tried deleting the existing one...result is I cannot use the account without a bank.  The credit card on the account is expired and I get the same message when I try to update it.  Help!  Anyplace  I can go for help?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.