possible suspecious email?

Lafynriell
New Community Member

at 04:48, 04:49 and 04:50 this morning i recieved 3 emails from paypal saying i've authorized 3 payments of 25 euros. the thing that confuses me is that while i thought it was a fake email yet they used my actual name in the emails but there have been nothing that appears on the transaction tab on my account. are the phising emails getting more smarter or has my account been hacked?

Hello <name>

You authorized a payment of 25,00 EUR to <name of company>

Your funds will be transferred when the merchant processes your payment. Any money in your PayPal account at that time will be used before any other payment source.
Thanks for using PayPal. To see the full transaction details, log in to your PayPal account.

Merchant
<merchant details>

Instructions to merchant
You haven't entered any instructions.

Description

Unit price

Qty

Amount

€25,00 EUR

€25,00 EUR

Subtotal

€25,00 EUR

Total

€25,00 EUR

Payment

€25,00 EUR

Charge will appear on your credit card statement as "PAYPAL *<name>"
Payment sent to <email>

Invoice ID:

Kind regards,
PayPal

Issues with this transaction?
You have 180 days from the date of your PayPal payment to open a dispute for eligible transactions in our Resolution Centre. Learn about Buyer Protection

Currency conversion: To complete this transaction, we converted the payment amount to the currency of your card based on our agreement with you. PayPal's currency conversion fee is added to the exchange rate, set by an external financial institution. For more information about fees, see our user agreement

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.